Thursday 11 March 2021

5 Ravenclaw Characters I admire/Like To Think I Have Similarities To

 Disclaimer: Please do not take any of this too seriously. It's all in dumb, spur-of-the-moment fun. This is an incredible display of (probably, I hold out a small hope for myself) wishful thinking and I had a blast. 

This whole idea was inspired by a Nancy Wheeler edit video I watched and then I remembered that she is commonly sorted into the Ravenclaw Hogwarts House. There are so many characters I love/ relate to, but to try narrow it down, I thought it could be fun to use characters that are usually sorted into Ravenclaw. However, I will use the term 'usually sorted into' very loosely as I pretty much did whatever I want. If I saw a character get sorted into Ravenclaw just once, I considered it fair game. Although, I did try to make sure that Ravenclaw was a common house for them to be sorted into.


Nancy Wheeler

While I didn't like all of Nancy's decisions, I really like her as a character. 

Some things I admire about her/Hope that I have similarities to is her tenacity, self-respect, and just how much of a fighter she is.


Beth Harmon 

From the few things I could find, Beth seems to be interchangeably sorted into Ravenclaw and Slytherin. I thought my personal opinion was that she was in Slytherin, but the argument could be made for both sides.

Some things I admire about her/hope that I have similarities to is her complexity, (is it too obvious to say I really do admire her intelligence), and the way she notices everything around her. There are so many other things though and that goes for all the characters on this list.


Seth Cohen

I saw him sorted into Ravenclaw once which was all I needed to add him to this list.

Some things I admire about him/hope that I have similarities to is his humour/self-awareness, loyalty, and his intelligence combined with his stupidity.


Rapunzel 

She seems to be sorted into Ravenclaw most often. The thing I love about the internet is that no one can agree with each other which gives me full liberty to make up my own rules while following the rules I already set for myself. 

Some things I admire about her/hope I have similarities to is her drive to follow her dream, appreciation for the small things, and the slight duality of her personality. 


Veronica Mars

I got excited when I saw her sorted into Ravenclaw. As with pretty much anyone on this list, whether they are actually Ravenclaw or not really depends on the whim of the person sorting them.

Some things I admire about her/hope that I have similarities to is her spunk/scrappiness, humour/sarcasm, and that she's a marshmallow.

There were so many options it was hard to narrow everything down. I hope this was fun, I enjoyed doing it. From personal curiosity, I'm curious if anyone has thoughts on what my secondary Hogwarts house might be. And on the flip side of that, what do you think your secondary Hogwarts house is?

8 comments:

  1. I don't know most of these characters except Rapunzel. I'd have to say I think of her more as Gryffindor or Hufflepuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She probably is. My initial thought was that she's Hufflepuff but I used the excuse that I'd seen her sorted into Ravenclaw a lot to justify my actions XD

      Delete
  2. I love all of these characters! Wish I shared things in common with them. I feel like maybe just Rapunzel XD

    You definitely share a lot of the characteristics.
    Love this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! I do think you do have a lot in common with them actually. But that's essentially what this post was, wishful thinking.

      Aw thanks! I hope I do, not sure which ones but I wouldn't complain about any of them. (Although, I love the ones you told me when I was needing suggestions) It's always easier to tell for other people.

      Delete
  3. I only know Nancy and Rapunzel, but I absolutely love them both [I can definitely see the similarities you have with both], and I've heard of most of the others [except Seth. What's he from?].
    It's so hard for me to tell which characters I'm like vs who I WANT to be like. Usually it takes other people to know, although there are a few where I'm like, ''Yup, that's me.''
    I could see your secondary House as either Hufflepuff or Slytherin. There's a few good online tests you could take, but sometimes it comes down to just what you relate to most. I'm Gryffindor primary, Ravenclaw secondary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're both so good! Thanks! It's always interesting/kind of weird to know how you come across to people.
      Seth is from the O.C. it was a big 2000s show and I actually just finished it recently. He and Summer (his eventual girlfriend) are probably my favourite characters. I love them.
      Right! It's so hard to tell when you're choosing for yourself.
      I love the contrast of that answer XD True, it always varies for me. That's cool!

      Delete
  4. This was a fun post even though I don't know most of the characters. Ravenclaws are awesome! I'm a Hufflepuff through and through, both primary and secondary, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Glad it was fun despite not knowing who everyone was. Agreed. That's cool! Hufflepuffs are awesome too. My sister is a Hufflepuff actually.

      Delete