Friday 2 October 2020

Woods And Ray Bradbury Quotes



I was gathering images all of my life, storing them away, and forgetting them. -Ray Bradbury (Dandelion Wine Introduction)

 There was a feeling of Autumn coming to last a million years- Ray Bradbury (The October Game)

The Autumn leaves blew over the moonlit pavement in such a way as to make the girl who was moving there seem fixed to a sliding walk, letting the motion of the wind and the leaves carry her forward  -Ray Bradbury (Fahrenheit 451)



That country where it is always turning late in that year. That country where the hills are fog and the rivers are mist; where noons go quickly, dusks and twilights linger, and midnights stay. That country composed in the main of the cellars, sub-cellars, coal-bins, closets, attics, and pantries faced away from the sun. That country whose people are autumn people, thinking only autumn thoughts. Whose people passing at midnight on the empty walks sound like rain -Ray Bradbury (October Country)


The seller of lightening rods arrived just ahead of the storm -Ray Bradbury (Something Wicked This Way Comes)


I'll hold onto the world tight someday. I've got one finger on it now; that's a beginning -Ray Bradbury (Fahrenheit 451)


There were only the great diamonds and sapphires and emerald mists and velvet inks of space, with God's voice mingling among the crystal fires -Ray Bradbury (The Illustrated Man)



You're not like the others, I've seen a few; I know. When I talk, you look at me. When I said something about the moon, you looked at the moon, last night. The others would never do that -Ray Bradbury (Fahrenheit 451) 


I'm alive...Thinking about it, noticing it, it's new. You do things and you don't watch. Then all of a sudden you look and see what you're doing and it's the first time, really -Ray Bradbury (Dandelion Wine)


I want to feel all there is to feel, he thought. Let me feel tired, now, let me feel tired. I mustn't forget I'm alive, I know I'm alive, I mustn't forget it tonight or tomorrow or the day after that -Ray Bradbury (Dandelion Wine)

4 comments:

  1. Love this! Fantastic quotes and pictures, so glad I'm blurry and cryptid like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Same XD there's something about looking like a cryptid that I love

      Delete
  2. This is so atmospheric, love all the fall posts you and Skye are doing. Ray Bradbury is very melancholic-ly atmospheric, a bit too much for me, I've read Dandelion Wine and Fahrenheit 451, but I have yet to read the other ones you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Same, Skye's posts are so good. He really is! He's such a good writer. He's a bit too much for me too sometimes, as much as I'm always stunned by how good he is, (even in the ones I don't particularly like) a lot of what he writes is very depressing. I haven't read all the ones I mentioned either XD (I haven't read October Game or The October Country yet)

      Delete