Sunday 25 October 2020

Holding Onto October



It snowed... In October, and it hasn't melted yet. I usually love the first snow, I usually have a 'Lorelai Gilmore first snow' type of moment, but it happened way too early this year. The only thing left was to rebuke the snow and pretend that it hadn't happened yet which felt counterproductive since I'd already shouted at it.


So for now, me and Winter have a bit of a petty feud going. I'll get over it eventually which will probably be in about a week. In the meantime I'm doing a post of me blatantly ignoring the trespassing winter.

 



I want to enjoy all the seasons, but Autumn in particular means a lot to me. Aside from it just being a gorgeous time of year there's something 'other' about it. I could go on for a long time about why I love it but I won't for now. It's enough that I constantly remind you in (painfully obvious) subtle ways that I'm obsessed with it.




It's been crazy, but overall it's been a really good Fall which has meant a lot. 






These were photos I've meant to use for about a month and haven't gotten to use. But they fit the theme of holding onto Autumn.



The seasons are switching again. Here at least. Who knows if it'll switch back to Fall for a couple days but for now I'm stubbornly holding onto October. So...

To October and what remains of it.














7 comments:

  1. I may have yelled at it too. One more week would've been nice. The first snow is usually so nice, but this time it was more like nooooo!
    I love all the photos and the idea of trying to hold onto October.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. XD love the image of us both yelling at the snow. Right! I love the snow too it's just, not now, we've only just been allowed to go Autumn crazy.
      It's pure revenge, my family has antagonistically kept pointing out reasons why it's over and I've stubbornly refused to give in until at least November

      Delete
    2. XD Same! We are and we shall.
      Aww how dare they. Me too. They can have winter as soon as November is here.

      Delete
    3. Exactly. I'm still holding out for Fall a bit though because I really want November to be Dark Academic, which is hard when it looks like Christmas, but I'll do something Dark Academic for November and then I'll finally let myself go for Winter

      Delete
  2. If we get early snow where I'm at it's November and melts immediately. Real, lasting snow is a January thing, not many white Christmases, :(.

    What invades fall for us is Hallmark Christmas. I keep saying I'll wait, but I watched the preview with mom and was excited and I've already watched one from last year.

    I'm determined to keep fall decorations until early December though, it's not even Winter officially until mid-late December.

    Speaking of the Dark Academic vibe, I just learned that this year from the Darling Desi youtube channel. Have you watched her videos, they have awesome fall vibes I think you'd love and she has a whole video devoted to Dark Academia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that sucks. White Christmas's are so nice.

      XD The struggle is real sometimes. I'm terrible with keeping things in season and I always watch random things at weird times, which I prefer honestly. It's so nice having things like that to look forward to.

      That's awesome! I'm probably going to do the same.

      I hadn't heard of her! That sounds amazing and I'm going to look for her videos. Thanks so much btw! I've needed to find more things for Dark Academic content. I'm still pretty new to Dark Academia, I've always loved the aesthetic of it, I just never knew it was an actual thing.

      Delete
    2. I looked her up and she's amazing! Again thanks for recommending her.

      Delete