Wednesday 7 October 2020

Carving Pumpkins (My First Official Time)




Me, Skye and her sister went to an orchard/pumpkin patch although we didn't stay long. 

This wasn't the orchard.

We were able to look around and take a tractor train ride to the pumpkin patch. It was all very in theme and there were pumpkins everywhere. We drank fall related pumpkin drinks and ate apple doughnuts.
There were different coloured leaves on the ground in some places.
My autumn obsessed heart was happy. 


We came back and later carved pumpkins. This was technically not the first time I've ever carved a pumpkin, but I'm not sure stabbing one a couple times in the past quite counts.
So anyways...Our pumpkins.




My pumpkin

I tried to carve out an oak leaf and it looks like a tree instead. I was actually really impressed with how all of our pumpkins turned out.









There was no way these pumpkins were going to last until Halloween so we took them out the next day to shoot them with a shotgun. 
10/10 would shoot a pumpkin again
They didn't explode, but if we had a whole pumpkin it might have.
Add that to your fall list, I highly recommend it. 
(Although I did discover I'm a terrible shot)


To top it all off, I finally watched Sleepy Hollow.


We even found the ghost Pillsbury cookies but I didn't get a good photo of them.
Special thanks to Skye for this whole thing, we couldn't have done this without her. 




4 comments:

  1. I’m so glad you had fun! And that we got to go to the pumpkin patch. It was a blast!
    Love the pictures you got too!
    A perfect fall day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did! Same, I was so worried it was not going to happen. It was!
      Thanks!
      It was!

      Delete
  2. I'm hoping to go to a pumpkin patch soon, I've seen some really lovely pumpkins the rest of my family has gotten, different shades of orange and cream, and apparently they've seen some pretty greyish green.

    I've carved a pumpkin once, a few years ago, it was something I found on Pinterest, Tinkerbell and sparkles, I don't know if I have photo or not though.

    These, photos turned out so lovely. You and Skye have had so many awesome. Autumn/Fall festivities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully! Pumpkins patches are just perfect. That sounds so pretty! I've just recently discovered the fact pumpkins come in different colours which shows what I know XD

      Ooh, love that! It would be such a good photo.

      Thanks! We do, I honestly don't know what we'd do without her.

      Delete