Wednesday 22 April 2020

Quarantine Things




I've been self-isolating with my family for at least a month now. They're all a little stir-crazy but we've been doing okay for the most part. I haven't physically killed anyone yet so we're not doing too badly. Anyways, this post is just a list of things I've been using to get through quarantine. Maybe someone else needs this too.


Any brand products in the photos are just things I love and buy normally. I don't know if I need to specify that or not. Most of this was stuff I've had and collected for awhile or am currently borrowing.

I tried





In this photo...

Movies...

Labyrinth (starring David Bowie and Jennifer Connolly)

Penelope 2007 

The Man From U.N.C.L.E. directed by Guy Ritchie 

Doctor Who, I'm currently on Matt Smith's seasons


Last three books I've (re)read...

InkHeart by Cornelia Funke

Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones

Emma by Jane Austen

Edible stuff...

Trident and Sprite mint gum sticks


Peppermint tea

Lynch original Hot Apple Cider packets 

Random stuff...

Champagne Toast and Champagne Apple and Honey perfume from Bath&Body Works

A mint Hair Mask  called Roots from Lush

A coffee face/body mask called Cup O'Coffee from Lush




Other movies/series I've seen a lot during quarantine but aren't in the photos has been Birds of Prey, 2 Weeks Notice, Bridgett Jones's Diary, Zombieland, Zombieland Double Tap, Knives Out, Psych, Gilmore Girls... I have a bunch of others but I haven't done them as much recently.

For an update nobody asked for...

I've done a lot of Pinterest and YouTube. They've really been saving me lately. I don't know what I'd do without them. 

Coffee, tea, over-easy eggs on buttered toast have been saving me too.

I've read a bunch of stuff. These are some of the ones I liked. I finally finished the Series of Unfotunate Events books, Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman, There You'll Find Me by Jenny B. Jones, The Girl From Everywhere by Heidi Heilig, Charmed Life by Diana Wynne Jones, Scorpio Races by Maggie Steifvater, Raven Boys (rereading for the upteenth time. All the Raven cycle books are amazing), there's been others but either I haven't read it in rough quarantine time line or I don't remember.  

I've cooked, baked, cleaned,taken some photos, had a few break downs, had some really good days, had some rough days, been grossed out, been excited, been dramatic in general. I've killed copious amount of invading ants to no avail. I'd like to say I've let myself go in quarantine but let's be honest again, I always look like this. A goblin is just my natural state. 


Maybe someone will find a couple good recommendations in here who knows. Skye introduced me to most of these things and I felt the need to pass them on since they've helped me.






2 comments:

  1. Love this! All of those things are amazing, and I'm glad there helping you through this. I should do a post like this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They are! Same. You should!!! I love your posts, they're amazing!

      Delete