Thursday 7 May 2020

Geraniums, Poets and Pirates

We had a geranium sitting in water and I wanted to take photos. Because I can never make things simple for myself I thought a half-dead geranium seemed to suit a slightly sad poet vibe. Cue a photoshoot instead of just a photo of a flower.

I had an idea for a geranium with a violin.
And then it somehow morphed into a romantic looking piratey thing because I didn't take into consideration that dead flowers and old books make things look romantic. I was making imitation looking rum and absinthe at 11:00 o'clock at night.  The rum was a lot lighter in person than it is in the photos.

My whole process in a nutshell


Anyways without further ado...
















Sorry if any of these photos were hard to see


4 comments:

  1. That gif is life. I love Jack.

    I also like to over-complicate photos.

    One of my sister loves piratey-vibes. She planned an iteration of her bedroom along those lines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right! Same, he's the best.

      It's so easy to do. I don't know how to stop. Glad someone else relates.

      Oh cool! That sounds fantastic.

      Delete
  2. I adore the aesthetic of this, and the photos! You made magic!!

    ReplyDelete