Saturday 30 January 2021

A Quick January Wrap-Up


January has been interesting for me. There were a couple weeks there where I seemed to be stuck in a rut and wasn't doing anything but feeling exhausted. Then I used a Easter egg blue bath bomb a friend gave me and I felt like I could handle it, (baby steps). Never underestimate the motivational power of a pretty bath bomb. 


As far as practical things I've accomplished go...

I've been slowly working on a math course. (Officially graduating highschool is a big thing on my resolution list)

I had an eye appointment and got new glasses. (Which was very needed. Surprisingly my prescription didn't change much so that made me feel a bit better.)

I'm on Day 7 of Chloe Ting's 14 day Summer Shred Workout. (I can't wait to be done, but I'm glad I'm doing it. I'm not doing it very well but I sweat enough for it to count for something)

I entered the prompt contest a few times and won the first one. 

 


Movies/T.V.

Season 2 and most of season 3 of the O.C. (I'm enjoying it but I had to take a break from it because watching a bunch of it in a row can get repetitive. The sheer amount of relationship drama they pack in is astounding. I'm not sure there are any other plotlines in this show. Well there are, but still. I'm watching for Seth and Summer mostly. Seth and Ryan's dynamic is great too.)

I introduced my brother to Doctor Who. We watched Eccleston's season and a few episodes of Tennants. 

Rewatched the first season of Anne With An E

Jo Jo Rabbit (so good!! Loved it)

The Broken Hearts Gallery 
(Loved it. Dacre Montgomery is an amazing actor and he doesn't seem to be in many things)

There were a couple other things but they were mostly just rewatches.


Books

Murder on the Orient Express 
(I knew who did it but still. Agatha Christie honestly deserves her title as the 'Queen of Crime')

Mansfield Park 
(For some reason it took me awhile to get through. Jane Austen is a good writer but this wasn't my favourite one of hers)

Currently rereading Pride and Prejudice (Skye gave me a really pretty copy)

Reread I Capture The Castle


Future Projects Hopefully

I'm hoping to start Bullet Journaling. I'm terrible at writing down future plans so I think it's going to be more of a personal record more than anything. Adding in maybe the occasional plan. Who knows how that will go. I got a journal, some tape, and some stickers for it.

Finish Chloe and try to keep doing some of her videos even if it's not following a specific schedule.

Figure out how to fix some of the minor problems with my blog like trying to make black my default text colour. I'd love to change the whole look of my blog but I'm scared to touch anything and I'm too lazy to fix the posts if I did do that. I've been looking at some of my other posts and realizing just how many times I've stated things that I had changed my opinion on like two days after posting. (some examples, Evermore is amazing and I can't separate it from Folklore in my head anymore, upon rewatching the 1996 Emma movie with Gwenyth Paltrow I realized I like the mini-series more than the 1996 version in general. My very first post is no longer applicable either as far as age and family size go.) I'm trying very hard to not erase it sometimes. Anyone else have that problem?


There's been other things this month too but this was a good majority of them. 
How has your guys' January been?









10 comments:

  1. "Never underestimate the motivational power of a pretty bath bomb" <<I will keep that in mind. :)

    What math course are you working on? Are you liking it? (I am totally a math nerd. So I'm curious. XD)

    Hmm...based on how much everyone is talking about it, I may need to check out Anne With An E at some point.

    I haven't ever read Mansfield Park...that one's on my list, too.

    Keep us updated when you start bullet journaling!

    I also have things where my opinions change from earlier posts, or things in my life change...and sometimes I state them in later posts, and sometimes I don't, but I always leave the early posts alone, for two reasons:
    1. I think it's probably fun for people to see my tastes evolve.
    2. When I update a post, it puts it in everyone's reading list again, so it would be a big pain for everyone involved if I kept updating my posts all the time. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! XD

      Foundations of Math 11. The course itself is nice, I just panic over anything involving tests, simple or not. Oh that must be nice! Math can be fun depending on what it is for me.

      I definitely recommend it! I have some personal complaints mostly about season 2 but those aside I like it. Everyone's different though.

      Me neither until now. I'm curious what you'll think of it when/if you read it!

      I'll try XD I tried writing a page already but I think I might redo it. I'm trying to figure out how to structure everything.

      That's true.

      Delete
  2. So proud of you for doing Chloe her workouts are hard but amazing! Glad you’re working through math too. I think it’s cool to have a written record of how you used to think and it’s fine that it changes.
    That’s all part of growing up.
    Wow you’re getting through the O.C fast. K-dramas have taken over my life. But since there are only four seasons I planned on dragging that one out anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks. They are! I don't follow them very well, there's some exercises I just can't really do but it's better than doing nothing.

      True, it's just my opinions seem to change really fast once I say things out loud, like I've changed my opinions on posts the same day I've posted it so that aspect is always a little annoying. But true, the record is nice.

      K-dramas sound fun, I'm just really bad at finding new things hence running through the O.C. I've been slogging through season 3 lately so I've just stopped for now.

      Delete
    2. That was me when I started XD

      Oh that makes sense then. I flip flop quite a bit too. Usually I try to keep my opinions pretty vague anyway.

      They are! Aw, well maybe with a bullet journal it will be easier to remember and write down new things. The O.C Is one of those shows I’m going to be really sad about when it’s done.
      Makes sense though.

      Delete
    3. It's not a fun phase is it XD

      Keeping things vague is good idea honestly.

      Hopefully. Same, as much as I get annoyed with it sometimes I'll be sad when it's over too.

      Delete
  3. I will sometimes go back and editd posts, anything I thought was bad taste, sometimes I might leave a note. I've been blogging almost 10 years. I've deleted quite a few posts, anything I thought too political or personal or spiteful or inaccurate (I just went through and deleted my "natural" beauty posts, because all the green beauty "natural" and "nontoxic" stuff is based on a LOT of misinformation and pseudo science). I do the same with comments, actually in terms of percentages, I am more likely to do this with comments, particularly on youtube. I seem to regret them really quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same. Honestly if you really don't like a post or just don't want to keep it up deleting things can feel so freeing.
      Glad to know other people have this problem. I mean I expected that people would, but it's nice to hear.

      Delete
  4. Looks like a good month. I love those pictures. So pretty.
    Murder on the Orient Express is a fantastic book (yes, she totally deserves her title as the Queen of Mystery). Anne With An E is really good, too (especially the first season).
    I go through the same thing with blog posts. I've changed a lot since I started blogging, and I just kind of cringe at most of my old posts. I think I've only actually deleted one, though. I'm not sure.
    Hope you have a great February.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was for the most part! Thanks.
      Right! It really is.
      Same. I've deleted a couple too, there's some that still hold up for me and then there's others I question things about it.
      Same to you!

      Delete