Thursday 7 January 2021

I Won A Small Contest Thing

 

Skye told me about a writing contest thing because I've been struggling getting myself to write lately and random contest things are just fun to do. The website has an official contest which I think is closed now for new contestants, but they have a prompt every couple days for anyone that's interested in entering. (The Writer Games Link) It's really simple to enter really, you just write the 150 words (or less? I'm not actually sure on that) using the given prompt and then comment it onto the current Prompt Post before the deadline happens. The first prompt was 'Tell The Wolves I'm Home'. After the initial struggle trying to write something for the prompt that I actually liked, I had fun writing again and honestly, that on it's own was all I wanted. It was definitely a nice way for me to begin 2021.  This was the first time that I've won a writing contest and it gave me a much needed validation boost. It's small, but it meant a lot.

The Judge gave me a couple really nice comments and I can't even...*gestures vaguely*


OH.MY.GOODNESS. I cannot express how much I love your story, except to say that you are the WINNER of this challenge!!!! *throws confetti and chocolate*
I lovelovelovelove this story

MY THOUGHTS: I was hooked from the very first sentence! This story was written in such a beautiful, lyrical way, I knew immediately that it was the winner. The vivid descriptions brought this little girl and her merciless world to life, I love how we're told just enough to feel satisfied, while it still leaves so many questions hovering in the reader's mind. Great job Elizabeth!


10 comments:

  1. Hi Elizabeth! Hope you remebered me!!!I am a fellow participant of TWG:)
    When I first read your story I got so intriuged...It was so fantastically written! Congratulations dear!
    Happy Writing😘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh hey! I do actually, good job btw!
      Aw thanks!
      Happy Writing to you too.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on winning the contest! I love your story, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on winning! This looks fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Aw thanks! I keep looking at it obsessively ngl. I'm still proud of you for getting on the Storywall!

      Delete