Saturday 13 February 2021

A Random and Small Collection of Weird Things I've Become Mildly Obsessed With

Since entering the prompt writing contest, I've been meaning to get back to my own writing. Different entries I did sparked ideas for other things and it's been a whole rabbit hole in itself. 

I've become fascinated by Giulia Tofana a 17th century woman who famously sold Aqua Tofana (a poison made of arsenic, belladonna and lead. It's tasteless, colourless, very lethal with the right dosage and honestly sounds like something out of The Princess Bride) usually to woman married to abusive husbands. The whole story is fascinating, at least from the one video I saw on her. What she actually did is kind of up to debate but after all this time there's really no way to know for sure. (Link to the Giulia Tofana Video I watched) 

There's a YouTube video about an English Poison Garden Poisonous Garden Video

Rachel Maksy did a painted Victorian inspired wall mural and I've been slightly obsessed. I always thought painted walls like that were cool but she re-reminded me of it being a thing that exists. (Rachel Maksy's Victorian Wall Mural Video)

I watched Pacific Rim and I have a lot of thoughts. It's a cinematic masterpiece in my opinion and I have a powerpoint in my head explaining my thoughts. It's so good.

I watched Ophelia (2018) with Skye. I really liked it and it's also such a pretty movie.  I loved the twists they did with it. Although Horatio deserved so much better.

6 comments:

  1. Arsenic, belladonna, and lead??? That does sound lethal. That's...an interesting career for a 17th century woman. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right! No kidding. Obviously murder is wrong but I low-key love her XD

      Delete
  2. I'm always obsessed with an array of random things too.
    That poison one really is fascinating.
    That Horatio deserves the world. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same. The random things are usually the best.
      Right!
      He does! The movie itself was so good, I really wasn't expecting to like it as much as I do now

      Delete
  3. Giulia Tofana DOES sound fascinating. "Obviously murder is wrong, but I low-key love her." That is me with so many characters. Like, sure, they might have made some questionable decisions, but I still love them! XD.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does! Exactly XD I have a lot like that too. Then there's others I hate with a passion so it's always interesting.

      Delete