Friday 18 December 2020

Christmas 2020 Tag

This was the other tag Skye tagged me for and I'm grateful. I don't have much Christmas content planned so these are great.


When do your decorations go up?

Most of them go up in December but we usually start sometime in November.


If money were no object, how and where would you spend Christmas?

Somewhere in England. Or Ireland. An Irish Christmas could be interesting. I have no idea what it would be like but it sounds amazing. I'd spend Christmas pretty much how I spent my slapdash Thanksgiving a couple months ago. With the basic food things that I associate with it, watch movies and possibly take a short walk in the weather.

What Christmas film do you have to watch every festive season?


The usual ones generally. Home Alone, The Grinch, Elf, Edward Scissorhands, Jack Frost... The most recent additions have been The Nutcracker and the Four Realms (2018), Klaus (2019), and The Most Wonderful Time of the Year (2008).

Who do you find the hardest to buy presents for?


Parents in general but my step-dad is THE hardest to get gifts for. He thinks he likes everything except for the few things he doesn't and it's not entirely true. He always gets us so many gifts and I always feel bad that he doesn't get as much. Part of it is his fault though, trying to get information out of him is ridiculously hard.

Would you rather buy lots of little presents for a hamper, or buy one big/main present?


Little presents for a hamper. I've done main presents but it doesn't feel personal enough so I usually end up adding little gifts to it anyway.

What did you leave out for Santa when you were a child?


My mom didn't really do Santa Claus but my dad did. With my dad we left out milk and cookies. Occasionally with carrots for the reindeer. 

I think the carrot thing started because my grandpa had a friend who dressed up like Santa Clause and my sister and I sat on his knee to tell him what we wanted. My mom had told me that Santa wasn't real and while I believed her, there was the other part of my young mind that realized that if this was the real Santa Clause I had one shot at asking for something I could only ask Santa Clause. Because I was in a major horse girl phase at the time, I asked for a horse. There was a bunch of back and forth with 'Santa' telling me that he can't fit a horse in his bag and me telling him that he carries toys for kids all over the world surely he can fit a horse (I was that kid). He asked me if there was something else I wanted. So I took my final shot at asking Santa Clause for what I wanted, which was to feed Rudolph a carrot.

Santa said that it was too dangerous for me to do that since Rudolph was on the roof. He told me to bring him a carrot and he'd feed it to him for me. I rushed upstairs and grabbed a baby carrot and gave it to Santa. I don't remember what happened after that but he left (we were in a basement so as far as I knew he was going to the roof) and he'd forgotten the carrot. 

It truly was a tragic day for me as I realized that that particular Santa was a fraud XD My sister had already figured out he wasn't real because apparently she'd given him a cookie and he'd pulled his beard down to eat it. I'd missed it however. 

Clearly I was always a dramatic person. Also very hard to please apparently. Most kids would have just asked for something easy.

Essentially my dramatic reaction to Santa


Where did you spend last Christmas?

Christmas (officially) changes for me every year. Last year on Dec.25th I was at my dad's. I think I did Christmas with my mom a couple days after that. It was good both places. My dad's was a little awkward at the time because of some personal reasons but it was still good. 

Which Christmas song makes you cringe?


I saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus. It's always the first one that comes to mind for me.

If you could be a character in a holiday movie, who would you be and why?


 I usually range from Buddy the Elf to the Grinch. But that's also just me in general.

My genuine first thought after the Grinch and Buddy the Elf was that one dog in Edward Scissorhands. The one near the end of the movie when he runs up to Edward and Edward snips off the fur covering his eyes so he can see. The dog seemed content and happy after that. 




 Also 'Kim' played by Winona Ryder simply because it's Winona Ryder. That scene of her dancing in the snow is me internally during the first 'proper' snow of the year. 



Have you ever had a White Christmas?

Most years have been White Christmases for me. Depending on where I've been, it's been rainy on occasion but it's still had a Christmas feel to it. 


Is your tree real or fake?

Currently it's fake. Generally my mom has used fake trees although once someone gave us a real tree when I was little. 

With my dad in the past, it's been real trees. Although for the last few years we've used a fake tree and we put a Santa hat on it. I don't think it's come down for the last 4 years.

Choose a holiday drink: Spiced Apple Cider or Eggnog?


Spiced Apple Cider. Although I do like eggnog. My mom is always on the look out for the specific brand of eggnog that we like but I don't remember which one it is. We're not picky about most things but this one is tradition at this point.

I highly recommend Lynch's Original Apple Cider. It's so good.


 

Rules

Put on your favorite Christmas Playlist to listen to while answering!
Have a Christmas drink and/or snack while writing
Thank the blogger who tagged you and link to their site
Answer the 9 original questions
Answer the questions set by whoever tagged you
Ask 2 questions of your own
Tag 6 bloggers to take part

My two question are...(If anyone feels like answering them)

What is one of your favourite Christmas memories and why? 

What is your least favourite or weirdest Christmas memory and why?

Actually I'll add one more question... Have you discovered a new holiday movie/show recently and if so what is it? (it doesn't have to be a 'proper' Christmas movie) or, my alternative to that question, Is there a holiday movie that really sticks with you? (again it doesn't even have to be a proper Christmas movie)



I don't currently know enough bloggers to tag anybody so whoever wants to can feel free. I tag 

Hope this was entertaining at least. I had fun.

8 comments:

  1. Love you and Isabelle just figuring out. Santa’s a fraud! So cute.
    I wonder what a Christmas in Ireland would look like. Thanks for doing the tag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. XD thanks
      I don't know but I love the sound of it.
      No problem, thanks for tagging me!

      Delete
  2. White christmases every year?! Wow, I mean I know you are in Canada. Its just so different. I guess I should be pleased we get snow period, its just it seems to always come with ice on the roads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep XD There's been some exceptions but in general it's been every year.
      That's so weird for me to think about too.

      Delete
  3. Oh my word, that Santa story. XD

    Wow, White Christmas most years? That's amazing!

    Spiced Apple Cider All. The. Way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad it was entertaining XD

      It is! I always forget that not everyone gets it's every year.

      Yess! It's so good

      Delete
  4. Wow. Loved that Santa story. My sister told me Santa wasn't real (she had pestered our mom all day about it), and I was VERY melancholy about it for the entire day. I think I actually said, "My life is RUINED." I was a very dramatic kid. And hard to please, too.
    I love your selection for Christmas movies and music. I've wanted to see Edward Scissorhands for a long time, and since you said it's a Christmas movie I'll have to move it up on the list. I'm always looking for new movies to watch (and, also, y'know, it has Winona Ryder).
    Merry Early Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same. Aww XD that's funny though.
      Thanks! You should! I definitely recommend it. Although there is one scene with this very guy crazy lady who gets very 'friendly' towards Edward in a hair salon so I usually skip that bit. Nothing actually happens but it's just an uncomfortable scene. Winona Ryder is always amazing.
      Merry Early Christmas to you too!

      Delete