Monday 14 December 2020

12 Delights of Christmas Tag

Skye tagged me for a couple tags (thanks again btw) and it's perfect for Christmas content.

1) A favorite Christmas tradition?

Aside from doing pretty much nothing and watching movies, leading up to Christmas I do really like that we cut paper snowflakes out and tape them to windows. 

A more interesting one is the fact that we occasionally make Krumkaka when we remember too. It's a Norwegian tradition apparently and our Grandma would get after us if we didn't. Krumkaka is really simple and it's similar to a (incredibly easy to break) waffle cone that tastes a bit like a fortune cookie.  

2) Say it snowed at your domicile, would you prefer to go out or stay curled up inside?

Both. I'd run outside, have a quick snowball fight, build a snowman if I'm feeling energetic, (all the things really) and then stay inside after that. I stay inside more often then not but I do like to do the usual winter things at least once.

3) Tea or hot chocolate?

Tea. Although I do like to have at least one cup of hot chocolate with whipping cream if possible. Hot chocolate is great but I can't seem to drink much more than half a cup of it.

4) Favorite Christmas colors (i.e. white, blue, silver, red and green etc)?

This one is hard. I love pretty much all the Christmas colours so it depends on what it is really. I really like those warm sort of multi-coloured lights. Also warm white that look kind of like yellow pixie dust when it's strung up. Although the pixie dust look is probably because I need a better glasses prescription.


I don't have a photo for the warm multi-coloured ones

5) Favorite kind of Christmas cookie?

Candy Cane cookies. We have a specific recipe that is kind of a pain to make hence why we only do it roughly once a year. Also sugar cookies.


Obviously ours don't turn out like this at all, but this is the general idea

6) How soon before Christmas do you decorate (more specifically, when does your tree go up)?

Depends on the year. Usually as soon as December hits, although we have started in November other years.

7) Three favorite traditional Christmas carols?

Carol of the Bells

We Three Kings

Jingle Bells (sung by Bing Crosby and the Andrews Sisters)
I got this white teddy bear that danced one Christmas when I was little and it sang this song. It was a very specific version of it though and I have a hard time singing Jingle Bells without adding in all the weird little beat-like laughs and whatever. I'm weird to walk in on sometimes. 

(Sorry, adding one more here. No one can stop me anyway)
 Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas- Frank Sinatra makes me nostalgic


8) A favorite Christmas song (i.e. something you might hear on the radio)?

For the last couple years it's been Peppermint Winter- Owl City

Jingle Bell Rock- Bobby Helms

Jingle Bell Rock is one of those songs that brings me back to an incredibly specific memory of decorating a tree. It doesn't seem important but I've carried it with me for some reason for more then 10 years. Broken branched, multi-coloured light, Christmas trees really stick with you apparently.


9) A favorite Christmas movie?

Favourite Christmas movie...

...

Why would you ask me to pick just one? 

I have always adored Edward Scissorhands

I'm leaving so many out it's physically painful

Home Alone/The Grinch  (a tradition with my dad. We also seem to watch the 101 Dalmations 1996. I wouldn't say it's my favourite Christmas movie but we always seem to watch it with him)


10) Have you ever gone caroling?

I have not. My mom wanted to at one point but it's the one time in my life I was glad I can't sing. I appreciate the people that do it, I've just never been interested enough to do it personally.

11) Ice skating, sledding, skiing, or snow boarding?

Sledding. I've tried skiing once and it's just not really my thing. I just don't have enough confidence to have control over doing something really fast. Hence why driving freaks me out.

I like the concept of skating. I can glide. As for stopping I either slow down eventually, run into a wall, or fall over. Watching Ice Princess (2005) usually makes me want to try do it again.

12) Favorite Christmas feast dish?

Boxed stove-top stuffing. It's just so good. Also mashed potatoes and gravy.

6 comments:

  1. I also can't drink more than one cup of hot chocolate...it's too sweet. Sorry, hot chocolate fans.

    We Three Kings! What a good song.

    Sledding! Yaaass!

    And boxed stove-top stuffing is amazing. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right! I wish I could because my sister will make some and I'm like 'ooh! hot chocolate' but then I can't finish it.

      It is!

      Except for climbing back up to the hill because I die halfway up the hill but the ride down is amazing. XD

      Exactly! I don't know how they do it but it's honestly some of the best stuffing I've ever had

      Delete
  2. Love the pixie dust lights! I remember those candy cane cookies, so goood!
    Peppermint Winter is the best, I've had it on repeat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! They really are. They're kind of a pain but they're worth it in the end.
      True. I need to do that, I've been waiting for it to snow first so now that it has, I feel like I can finally play it now.

      Delete
  3. I usually load up my hot chocolate with marshmellows again after the first ones melt which sometimes to me being sickened with sweetness (and I'm a sugar fiend).

    I'm going to have to listen to Peppermint Winter, not sure I've heard that Owl City song.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that. Same, really. It depends what it is for me but I really do love sugar XD

      It's really good! I mean obviously music is subjective but I really like it. I try to play it when it's snowing because it always feels like a moment for me.

      Delete