Monday 31 August 2020

An Odd List-Type Assortment

Sorry this is kind of a messy post. It's just a random list of things that isn't enough to make individual blog posts on


Books I've read: 

Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell

We Were Liars by E. Lockhart

The Labyrinth Novelization 

The View From The Cheap Seats by Neil Gaiman 

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl 

Dandelion Wine by Ray Bradbury

The Blue Castle by L.M. Montgomery (Loved this one. All these books were good but this was one of my favourites)

Secrets For The Mad by Dodie

 My Plain Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton, Jodi Meadows (I thought 3 authors might be too much but they pulled it off I think)





Some YouTubers and Videos I've Been Rewatching Way Too Many Times

Jenny Nicholson (especially her SpiderQuest video & her Top 10 Halloween movie list lately) (And for real though what happened to Buzzy? I'm invested) 

Frank James (His 16 personality skits are my favourite)

Defunctland 

The Take

The Theorizer 

Morgan Adams 

Rachel Maksy (she's probably the one I've been watching most consistently lately)

Bernadette Banner (I don't sew but watching these sometimes I wonder why I don't)

Micarah Tewers (she's insane, love her)

Lindsay Ellis

There's a bunch of others. I spend way too much time on YouTube.

Me while watching too many Unsolved Crimes at midnight


The Sense and Sensibility commentary with Emma Thompson and the Producer is absolutely hilarious and interesting. Emma Thompson is incredibly British and I love her.
Microsoft Word is expensive. I've been using something called Apache Open Office and as far as I can tell it's practically the exact same as Microsoft Word except it's free. You can even open Microsoft Word documents in Open Office. It's been a lifesaver because I can't afford Microsoft Word. I was worried it was going to be a scam or some sort of virus download but I've had it for months and use it all the time. I don't know if this is helpful to anyone else but it was for me.  https://www.openoffice.org/

Berries and milk. It's one of those things my family has always done and I just sort of assumed everyone else did it too. You pour frozen blueberries in a bowl and then you pour milk into the bowl like it's cereal and just dump sugar on it (the quicker the better). It tastes amazing. I love when all the berries freeze together in a mound that you pick at and slowly the colour of the milk changes to this really pretty purple. It's incredibly aesthetic.  








4 comments:

  1. Well you definitely read more than I did which was nothing. XD
    Berries and milk is divine, I'm so glad you shared that with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was over the whole span of the summer I think so it's been a while for some of them.
      It is! I'm so glad you got to try it.

      Delete
  2. Frank James sketches have been on FIRE this year. The quarantine ones, the bride one. They are awesome.

    Micarah Tewers is a new find on youtube for me. She's hilarious.

    Do you watch Trey Kennedy? His sketches are awesome too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right! Honestly though. That's a good one! I'm not sure which is my current favourite there's so many good ones XD

      Ooh! Love her, she really is.

      I don't think so but thanks for the recommendation! I'll have to watch some, they look hilarious

      Delete