Monday 14 September 2020

Wishing On Sunflowers




My mom planted a few sunflower seeds earlier this summer and I've anxiously but excitedly been waiting for them to grow. Anxiously only because we are terrible at keeping plants alive. Never wrap seasonal feelings of closure around a plant blooming; it's stressful. 



I had a ridiculous amount of emotions tied up in this sunflower and it bloomed and it's pretty and everything I wanted it to be. 


                
 


Special thanks to my sister who gave me a hand doing this and almost died tripping over a bucket in the dark and landing face first. She was completely fine. It was more funny than anything which sounds terrible but normally it's me falling over something.





Originally I wanted to pair the sunflower with white fairy-lights but I couldn't find any. I actually prefer the coloured lights in hindsight.














 


 

4 comments:

  1. I love this so much! The flowers and the color scheme. Something about it just makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! I can't explain what it is about it either but it means a lot to me too

      Delete
  2. I love your artistic thinking, sunflowers are not my type of flower personally, but I wish I had your creative thought. The photos really have a fallish/spooky/cozy sort of vibe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks. I had a few really good childhood memories associated with sunflowers so they definitely mean something special to me. I really appreciate that! I always feel like I don't have much creative thought so it's really nice to hear, thank you! Omygosh, I adore that description!!

      Delete