Sunday 30 August 2020

Movies Part 4

I will probably make way too many of these posts but I find it helpful for myself to look back over later. Some of the GIFs aren't the best quality but they were the best I could find for some of them.

Tomb Raider

This was just a fun movie and I felt like I needed to start a whole workout routine afterwards.


Red Eye

This movie just really impressed me for multiple reasons. One reason was that this movie was very contained and with the situation happening I found it really interesting. A good majority of the movie was on a plane or in her house but that was closer to the end anyway. Lisa (played by Rachel McAdams) was an amazing Final Girl. The Final Girl trope means a lot to me and I just find it fun to watch as well 


Happy Death Day 1&2

I absolutely loved both of these. It's Tree's birthday and it ends with her being murdered but when she dies she wakes up and has to repeat the day and she keeps trying to find out who kills her and stop them so the loop will stop happening and save herself from being murdered. It's surprisingly comedic actually. I adored all her angry rages. She started out as kind of a terrible person but she gets better. Being murdered every day is great for character growth apparently. She's great, I love her.


All 4 of the Scream Movies

I'm generally not a big fan of Horror movies but I thought these were good. They felt more thriller than horror and they were very self aware about themselves. Sydney Prescott another amazing final girl.


Gravity Falls

I have no idea how to sum up this show in a Gif. It's perfect any time of year but it's set during summer break so it felt in theme and I got emotionally attached.
It's a bizarre and insane show, I love it. 

The Mummy 1&2
Loved Evie's drunk conversation. She's a really great character

I actually did see these when I was younger but I barely remembered them. I loved the first one. There was things I liked in the second one but it wasn't anywhere near as good as the first one. 
It was a cheesy action treasure hunting movie and it was pretty much everything I wanted. 
The second one has a terribly CGI'd Dwayne Johnson that's half scorpion and it's so bad I can't stop laughing at it.

What We Do In The Shadows

This is just a completely hilarious and satirical 'Mockumentary' of a group of vampires living now-a-days.


Tolkien


Onto the more fall end of this list...
I absolutely adored this movie. It's a biopic of Tolkien's life and it's very Dark Academic and Autumn-esque and the cinematography is stunning. I felt really inspired to write after watching it. It's definitely on my list of fall movies.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks for showing me most of these! I would have never known about some of them

      Delete