Monday 30 November 2020

The November Moments I Don't Want To Forget

 


November slipped away so quickly. I almost missed it. But I did manage to do some things for November. I watched 'The Queen's Gambit' (it's so good!!), 'The Truth About Murder', and 'The Lady Vanishes'. I read 'And Then There Were None' by Agatha Christie, 'Scorpio Races' by Maggie Stiefvater (I made November Cakes to go with it), and 'I Capture The Castle' by Dodie Smith. There were other things too, but they're not as related to the aesthetic.


Earlier this month Skye invited me to go walk along a trail she'd found that was absolutely stunning. The whole trail felt like a moment really, it was so pretty. The pictures really don't do it justice. 


Another day earlier this month there was this group of trees that had dropped a thick mat of yellow leaves on the ground and something about it just felt like the Secret Garden.


There's something magical about the smell of decaying leaves on the ground in the Fall.


I've had a new obsession with the Hadestown musical along with its soundtrack. It's so good.




I've baked things, survived general chaos, and I hope to carry on doing that. I also finished my Literary Studies course this month. Finally. 


Anyways,
I suppose this is my farewell to November before December hits. 
I'm going to miss November. It was really good, despite how quickly it flew past.


Onto December...



6 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had a good November. You did so many cool things and Ahh the photos are so aesthetic!!
    Congrats on finishing the course!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same. I hope you had a good one too, you told me (or brought me along) about quite a few things that really made up my November.
      Thanks!

      Delete
  2. This whole thing is beautiful! I hope you have a wonderful December!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, which The Lady Vanishes did you watch? I watched the newest version, but I want to watch the old one maybe next fall. I keep hearing about the Queen's Gambit, what is it about? And the Truth About Murder? I can put those on my list for next fall, right now, onward to Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watched the new one too. I really enjoyed it. The Queen's Gambit is a limited series (it's 7 episodes and each episode is about an hour) on Netflix and it's set in the 60s. There's this girl (Beth Harmon) who's mother committed suicide (it's not graphic at all, but you do see the beat up cars and the bloody sheet that's over the mom in the background for a moment) she goes to an orphanage where she sees the janitor playing chess and it's becomes really obsessed with it. They also give the kids at the orphanage these green tranquilizing pills and she gets addicted to them. Anyways she gets adopted and she starts to enter these chess competitions and she's a genius really. Eventually she works her way to playing chess against the Russian Grandmaster Borgov who is the top chess guy. A bunch of other things happen too but that's the main part of the plot. It's so good, in my opinion. It's gorgeous and I love the Dark Academic style of it.

      The Truth About Murder is about the time Agatha Christie went missing for 11 days and it's an imagining of what happened during that time. There's a murder and she goes undercover to help solve it. It was a fun watch for me, you should definitely put it on your list! I actually found it on Youtube not too long ago and it might still be there. I heard about it from one of Darling Desi's videos.

      Onto Christmas!

      Delete