Monday 6 July 2020

More Movies

I don't think anyone actually cares but I enjoy posts like this. They're fun to do so I'm doing another one. It's the GIF hunting I think. It's also just a record for my self and again I probably forgot some.

Anyway this is a list of movies/shows I have seen for the first time recently. 

I saw the Maze Runner movies (Maze Runner, Scorch Trails, and  Death Cure)
I don't really have that much to say except I liked them and it made me emotional near the end. Newt deserved so much better.



I saw the first 3 seasons of Veronica Mars and then saw the Veronica Mars movie. Loved them. The series more than the movie but I thought the movie was pretty decent as far as it goes despite some minor issues. I loved Veronica and her dad's relationship among a bunch of other things but that was something I really loved early on.



I finished season 1 of the Anime 'Fruits Basket'. It's definitely a Shoujo anime but I enjoyed it



Saw the movie We Have Always Lived In The Castle
There's these two sisters that live pretty isolated in this gothicish house with their Uncle who's a bit crazy. There's a small town and pretty much everyone hates them. The older sister was accused of poisoning her whole family and everyone is suspicious of them.
. I really loved the whole aesthetic of the movie. Skye told me about it and she gave the description that it was gothic and had an idyllic Ghibli vibe at least until the cousin (played by Sabastian Stan) shows up. It has a underlining tension and has a dark edge to it. Anyways I really enjoyed it. I also love how subtle it is. There's a lot going on with the characters but they never go out of their way to explain much. You get maybe a small idea but it's never really addressed. It also has a sort of Series of Unfortunate Events vibe although a bit less comedic maybe? It's currently on Youtube in 6 parts if anyone is curious about it.






Saw the movie Beautiful Boy.
There's the sort of main character Nic. Nic is an addict trying to get clean and his dad tries his best to help him.  It had Timothee Chalament in it and I'd seen a clip before I even knew what it was and was curious. It's not a particularity fun movie but it was good. It has some really cute moments too though. I should mention that it's based on a true story and Nic does make it in the end. I forgot while watching that it was based on a true story and had no idea if it would just be a depressing end.
It's not anything major happy ending wise, but you do find out he's been clean for the last 8 years.
Honestly I don't know what I think of this movie.

This hug got me


Crawl.
 Creature features usually aren't my favorite but I saw this with Skye and had fun making fun of it. 



Ready or Not
There's the character Grace who marries into a huge gaming empire family who, as Skye put it on her blog, got there by nefarious means. There's a tradition that anyone new joining the family has to play a game. Grace is told to pick a random card and the card will say on it what game they're going to play.
Grace picks 'Hide and Seek' which is the only bad card as everyone has to kill her by dawn.

I didn't realize the amount of humour they packed into a movie like this going in. It's completely terrifying but funny. I skipped a couple 'ritual' scenes but they weren't long either so it wasn't hard.
Anyways I loved Grace. She's an amazing final girl. And Daniel of course. I still haven't got over him and I don't think I ever will. Adam Brody is an amazing actor. 


Just one of my favourite shots


Coraline
I've meant to watch this one for a few years and finally got around to it. It was really good.
It scared my dad. He'd gone to sleep when Coraline still thought everything was great and then he woke up to see the Other Mother when she's herself. It was really funny watching his reaction because he had no idea what was going on. I also watched a whole slew of conspiracy videos after. She felt like a final girl and it was something I really loved even though I hadn't expected her to be one. Does she count as one? I think she does.





2019 Little Women is one I forgot to add to my last list. I actually liked it more than i expected to. It took me awhile to get into it for some reason but I think I just needed to get used to the style of the movie and then I was fine. I have some minor criticisms but that's just personal things my biggest thing was I thought some of the dialogue and scenes were weird in a way I didn't think they quite intended but I honestly can't remember the details of what I thought. So you know about as much as I do at this point.












4 comments:

  1. *Holds up hand* I care!

    Newt did deserve more. *cries*

    Yeah, Veronica!

    How did you not mention Fruit Basket, or did you and I forgot. Who's your favorite?

    I'm so glad you like We've always Lived in the Castle

    Haven't seen the Beautiful Boy one, is it worth a watch?

    I will make you love creature features ;)

    Still makes me cry.

    Coraline is definitely a final girl.

    We just re watched this one, I think Amy is my favorite which is weird, but she paints. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks XD

      He did!!

      She knows she's amazing

      I honestly don't remember. I might have. I actually don't know... I've been trying to figure that out. Everyone at different times.

      Same!! Thanks for telling me about it.

      Umm... depends. I think it was really well done but it's definitely a specific kind. If you want something really emotionally heavy then yes.

      Honestly you probably will XD Your commentary on things is everything

      Right! I'm never getting over him

      Glad you agree on that because I couldn't explain what I was talking about to anyone else.

      I really liked her too it's weird I've never really cared/liked Amy before. That makes sense honestly XD She had a really good aesthetic going. They put a lot more effort into her this time I think. She's usually brushed aside

      Delete
    2. I did have a lot of fun when Yuki's brother would show up. I don't know how to spell his name.

      Oh! and Beautiful Boy is also on Youtube at the moment. At least when I saw it it was. I have no idea how much you want to see it or not but I thought I'd mention

      Delete
    3. No problem XD

      The poor thing!

      Agreed.

      Love that both of us are like maybe who knows

      Your welcome! :D

      You described it perfectly

      Isn't it though XD

      Never!

      *nods sagely*

      They definitely gave her an arc this time.

      He's hilarious! Aya I think

      Thanks for telling me! :D

      Delete