Tuesday 16 June 2020

Leave it Alone Photoshoot


So Hayley Williams has a song called Leave it Alone from her new album 'Petals for Armour' and I've been obsessed with it since it released. The whole album really.


Sometimes when I went out walking I started noticing wild roses coming into bloom. I wanted to recreate this look even though I have absolutely no skills and or supplies, but I would put it off because I knew I wouldn't be able to do anything remotely similar and I wasn't sure if my idea would even work. But then some of the wild bushes I have access to were either slowly losing their petals or a hassle to get to and I was running out of time to do this project if I really wanted to do it which I did. I also didn't really want to explain this project to my family because they question my sanity enough as it is.




Anyways this is such iconic look and there would have been so much effort put into this. My attempt is loosely based on this look. My supplies were wild rose petals, a couple other de-bugged weeds, honey, and a cheap paintbrush.
Literally that's it.

So I knew it was going to be interesting to say the least.
It didn't work out but honestly considering everything it was the best I could have expected.
Sorry these photos are terrible quality. It was fun to do the project which is the main thing.
I like to think Hayley would appreciate the effort.


When my brief trial run showed potential

The petals would eventually wilt against my body heat and the honey would roll off my face after awhile. And this all took absolutely forever to put on which is why I didn't end up doing the zipties in my hair because by that point everything was all very close to completely falling off.


The struggle was very real
Can I just acknowledge the honey somehow managed to keep those stems there? I mean clearly everything was slipping and dripping everywhere but considering everything I was impressed.
I didn't get to half I wanted to but honestly I wasn't sure I'd get this far.
If nothing else I laughed at myself which isn't hard but still.

2 comments:

  1. I think you captured the aesthetic super well!
    Love this!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I did but I appreciate that! XD
      Thanks! It was really fun to do.

      Delete