Saturday 6 June 2020

Random Movies

I've seen a few random movies lately. I'm sure there's more that I've forgotten about

Shazam, which personally I thought was terrible, but entertaining as me and my sister made fun of it the entire time. I did enjoy different parts or lines from it though. I could kind of see what they were trying to go for with the movie but they didn't manage to pull it off.




Into the Spider-Verse which I thought was amazing



Peter B Parker is just me as a person through the whole movie


The Proposal starring Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds. I'm a sucker for the fake dating/fake married trope. Loved it. Couple minor things in there I could have lived without but I really enjoyed it.



Five Feet Apart was sad at least later in the movie, but I knew that going in. I liked it. I'd seen a couple edits and knew Cole Sprouse was in it and it seemed fitting. I have some thoughts but I won't bother getting into it



Split/Glass with James McAvoy and Anya Taylor Joy. I really liked them both. I know it's a terrible representation of DID but that aside I really enjoyed the movies. I'm still not over them actually, I got way more invested than I'd expected. I re-realized that James McAvoy is an incredible actor and I have another monster boi  and final girl I'm way too attached to.





I finished Matt Smith's Doctor Who seasons which I've been dragging out for a hellishly long time but finally binge watched the last few episodes to rip it off like a bandaid. I'm still emotional







4 comments:

  1. I watched into the Spiderverse earlier this year or late last year, I loved the first part, it was fun, and cute, and funny (the interpersonal stuff is why Spiderman is my favorite superhero story line), but the action-y later part bored tbh. I want to watch the Proposal, but the other movies are way out of my wheelhouse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was! Spiderman has always been one of my favourites too. That makes sense, I was so invested and intrigued by the action scenes I didn't really notice but looking back I could see that.
      The Proposal is really good! I loved the banter and hatred they had for each other at times.
      That makes sense, everyone has different tastes.

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad you watched The Proposal! Love that one, still haven't watched Five feet apart, but I will at some point. I'm curious about your thoughts. Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! It's really good. I'm curious what your thoughts will be too! Thanks!

      Delete