Friday 1 April 2022

A Few Would-Like-To-Do Cosplays and Music

 

McKayla did a 'Cosplays I want to do in the Future' post and it inspired me. I had a lot of fun just throwing things together. Honestly I could have made this post a lot longer, but then I didn't. It's a messy post that I just had fun with. (Pictures were all from Pinterest)

Eurydice (Hadestown)


Honestly aside from the fact that I love Eurydice as a character, she taps into my love of outfits looking like they came out of a trash bin. Weird patchwork, tatters and frays, big coats over junky dresses or shorts and tights, aesthetically junky. It brings me joy. 10/10 would wear all of it.

Chise (The Ancient Magus Bride) or Elias (honestly would dress up like either one)



Yoon Ji-woo (My Name)


Ivy (The Village) 


It's starting to turn greener now, but the woods near my house would have been a perfect spot to do a photoshoot for it because everything was brown but there were these red berries hanging over a bunch of it. There's always next year.

Suzy Bishop in her Raven costume (Moonrise Kingdom)


Billy Butcherson (Hocus Pocus)/ Edward Scissorhands (Edward Scissorhands)


I love the Edward Scissorhands costume and I also love the behind the scenes pictures of Johnny Depp in sweaters or looking like himself but has the scissorhands and he's hugging Winona Ryder or something. The casualness of it gets me.

The Mad Hatter (Once Upon a Time or Alice in Wonderland)








12 comments:

  1. Oooh, these cosplays sound awesome. :) I'd love to see an Edward Scissorhands cosplay by you. :D
    -Quinley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right. Aw thanks, it would be a really junky version but I'd like to at some point

      Delete
  2. I know literally none of these characters except the Mad Hatter, but they all look like they'd be really fun to cosplay, ESPECIALLY Ivy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to do Ivy and she'd also probably be the most feasible costume wise. Cosplay aside you might like Signs/the Village as a movie? Maybe. I don't know.

      Delete
  3. It would be cool to dress up and do photoshoots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would. I don't really have any experience with doing it much but I've been wanting to try my hand at it

      Delete
  4. All of these would be so much fun! It's been way too long since I've done any kind of costume thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right! We should do something if we ever get the chance. You've always been great at putting costumes together

      Delete
  5. All of these are so cool! Honestly, I just love Eurydice's whole aesthetic.
    If you ever do an Edward Scissor hands cosplay, I want to know how it turns out (and what you'd use to make it look like your hands were scissors).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right! Same, I can't express how much I love her aesthetic.
      Definitely! It's probably going to be more 'inspired by', than actual cosplay, but still. The only idea I've had for the hands is using black electrical tape and wrap up the handles of scissors. Although how to make it not look like baby T-rex hands or something I have no idea.

      Delete
  6. I seriously want to see Hadestown, but all of the promo photos I've seen are fantastic. I think you would slay Eurydice's style! I haven't seen The Village, but I now want an epic yellow cape. Oh, like the one Snow White has in Mirror Mirror, too! I definitely want to dress up like Edward Scissorhands sometime, but I just don't know how to go about it... Ack, and all the yes to the Mad Hatter! I definitely want his style now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *immediately gets way too excited to be able to share this information* I have fantastic news if you're up up for bootlegs. If you look up on Youtube 'The Tragedy of Orpheus and Eurydice Explained ft: HadesTown OBC' (at least here in Canada you can) it's uploaded by Slime Tutorial because a lot of Broadway bootlegs are labeled as a slime tutorial. It's not professionally filmed by any means (I mean, it's a bootleg) but as far as bootlegs go it's actually pretty good.

      Aww thanks! Not even cosplay related I'd just like to incorporate her style into my own wardrobe. I have a dress that I bought specifically because of her at the time.
      Right! Love yellow capes.
      Same. I think what I've been thinking is that I'm not going to make any sort of accurate cosplays but probably more inspired by outfits for the characters because the amount of skill required to do this I just don't have.
      Same!! I've always adored the Mad Hatter whichever the version.

      Delete