Friday 4 March 2022

Rain and Messy Drivel

 It's been a minute. Honestly I've been having a bit of a time and accomplishing nothing. So here's a random thing full of random half-written images, phrases, and whatnot that might be just weird pretentious nonsense that means nothing. Tis a thing. 

here because I laughed at it

(heavily inspired, somewhat borderline stolen from Skye's post 2021 Brainrot and Dodie's month-behind-the-song videos that she's doing. love both, explanations are not needed.)

Random writing mostly about random nights and mornings that have a specific vibe...turns out the things I like writing are flash images. I don't have patterns.

There's magic in the woods. The wildness with a distinct lack of glamour. It's just mud and sticks and rotting leaves. Fallen trees and tangled weeds. It's the new leaves mixed with the decay of it.

It was raining; drizzling, misty, and smelling like moss. Sweaters and steam weather in fact. It was the kind that kept one indoors. Which of course meant nothing to Ridley as she stepped outside into the morning that didn't wish to be seen. 

It was a moor morning. Wild, lonely, and lost. 

It was a searching night. A-leave-milk-in-a-bowl-by-the-door-night. It was a night for stupid superstition. 

It was a praying night. 

A sweater smelling of coconut and shea butter. 

A jacket smelling of car grease and cigarettes.



I don't know what this post is. I enjoyed making it though.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shoutout. Glad my post inspired you.
    Love the snippets, all foggy and sweaters. The best things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! It did. I really loved that post
      Right!

      Delete
  2. I've been gone a bit too, it must be something going around. My brain is mush.

    I like that snippet you wrote, it feels fay/magical a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels like it. Same, I feel like I was like I'm going to take a 15 minute break and then that break turned into months of nothing that are just whipping by.

      Aw thanks! That's the best compliment I could hope for.

      Delete
  3. I love everything about this post----especially the writing snippets.
    "Sir...that's somewhat cringe" made me laugh. I should start saying that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks. Same though, I was sad and writing snippets made me feel infinitely better.
      Right XD

      Delete