Saturday 4 December 2021

Head High Up In The Clouds


So in November I had some help dying blue streaks in my hair. I've wanted to dye my hair for years but I never have; so my all or nothing tendency is to go from nothing to literal blue. Anyways, short story shorter, the streaks faded out and I ended up dying all of my hair blue. While I've been wanting to dye it blue long before, rewatching Pacific Rim really did something to me. I wasn't going to do a post about it but I had gotten my sister to help me dye my hair and neither of us knew what we were doing so her expressions are hilarious and I (with her permission) wanted to share them because they are just too good to bury in my photo history. 

Before

Before at the back






This is about the point where my mom pointed out that my sister was
missing some of my hair at the front and she went 'oh!' and then went to fix it and
I was telling her 'oh!' in response to 'you're missing some of the hair' is not
what I want to hear when you're dying my hair. this whole process was janky and chaotic 
and I loved every second

There is a meme for this face



I don't like this photo but it was so on point to the whole process
our comb is really cheap and my hair is hard to brush through when it's wet
or whatever you'd consider dye in your hair


If this face doesn't sum up my life I don't know what does

Blue hair is so hard to have show up on camera but my sister and I did our best.



I flipping love my hair.
 I wouldn't have traded anything for the absolutely unprepared, broken clipped, slightly unhinged process that we had.


18 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had fun with it! Glad it turned out, despite the process. XD
    Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did XD We were both really tired too so I feel like that didn't help the chaos of the process
      Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Fun, I've wanted to try a pastel shade, but I'd want it gone pretty quick. My cousin has her's a bright teal, but she's tried all shades and types, from just streaks or the ends to completely teal. My sisters do each other's hair (and I'm sure at first it went like yours), but I'm not sure they've done anything like blue that I can remember.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, pastel would be pretty. You should do it!
      I love teal, do you know how she keeps the blue in longer? because my dye washes out really quickly and I was wondering how other people did it.

      Delete
  3. Goodness, those pictures are hilarious! But it looks really good! I don't think I could ever dye my hair--it's really dark brown, and I wouldn't want to bleach it, and also I like it how it is. But I love seeing other people dye theirs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right XD Aw thanks, I think so too! True, dark brown would be hard to do if you don't want to bleach it. My mom has always said that people's natural hair colour usually suits them the best. Same!

      Delete
  4. Your hair looks awesome, it was neat to see the process of it was dyed. :)
    -Quinley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! XD I didn't initially plan to do this post but it was too good not to share. Glad you liked it!

      Delete
    2. You're welcome, it was very fun to read. :)
      -Quinley
      P.S. I tagged you for Never Have I Ever: Book Edition on my blog. :)

      Delete
    3. You're welcome. :)
      -Quinley

      Delete
  5. Blue hair! Epic! I love it! The process is always quite the journey, isn't it? Lol! My sister tried to dye my hair purple with grape juice last year (which we thought would work because I'm blonde), but it didn't work at all. Currently she is plotting either dying it with beet juice or giving me bangs, so we'll see what happens when we are in the same house over the holidays...

    "Oh" aka not the thing you want your doctor/dentist/hairdresser/plumber/etc. to say is my favorite response that works for all circumstances. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right, Same! No kidding. Fortunatley with the dye I had you didn't need to bleach beforehand if you didn't want to. Ooh, does beet juice work well enough for that then? Bangs or dying it I'd love to know what you end up doing if you do do something.

      XD Exactly

      Delete
  6. I loved those photossss. You need to have them framed. There is nothing like doing spontaneous things with a sister. They are like best friends but just a little better hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same!! This post is sort of my frame but agreed they definitely deserve that XD
      Exactly lol

      Delete
  7. Your hair looks great! The blue really suits you. The pictures are equally great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think so too. Aren't they though XD

      Delete