Wednesday 1 September 2021

So This Month Has Been A Whirlwind (a short list)



I'll be honest, this month didn't go how I thought it was going to go at all. It hasn't been a bad month, it's just been incredibly busy where I was hoping it would be slow.

1. There's been several heat waves (this has been happening for months though so that's not particular to just August)

2.  Tons of smoke and fires, people all over the place got evacuated for a bit there. We had some friends stay with us for a couple days with some of their animals.

3. The world in general is nuts but I have chosen ignorance and I choose to dance in leaves instead.

4. I got a part-time job and next week is going to be super busy.

5. I paid for an English 12 course (have yet to start it, it's rather daunting knowing that I did this to myself and I actually have to complete it. All of you doing multiples courses at the same time and who have proper deadlines have my utmost respect because I'm stressed over just one course)

6. This month I've run into a coyote (loved that), two deer (I was super excited to see them, although they kept staring at me and my sister as we walked in their direction which made us vaguely nervous), we ran away from a black bear that got on it's hind legs and roared at us apparently. I know you're not supposed to run from bears but at least it was behind a (rather old) wooden post fence which is probably the only reason why it didn't chase us. Me and my sister could have actually been attacked and that was rather nerve-wracking, and we saw a mouse that was smaller than a Toonie (a strange Canadian coin that is probably a bit smaller than your palm) and it had the most rounded back I've ever seen on an animal, it was so cute. I love how with the coyote I felt a weird fairytale kin-ship to it, but the bear I was like 'we could have actually died' as if both animals weren't dangerous. But after running into all these animals this month, the thing that almost did take me out was tripping on the sidewalk where there really wasn't anything to trip on. It's sad but true. Turns out my greatest threat is actually myself, not that that shocks anyone.

7. I've had a desperate need to go to a physical bookstore, browse through pages, and just see the books on all the shelves. I found a stunning copy of Pan's Labyrinth (the utter happiness this book copy gives me is incredible). I almost cried walking around the bookstore. You know it's been awhile when that happens. Then later I proceeded to lose my dad at the mall so that was a rather stressful ending but the start of the mall trip was fantastic.

I'm too lazy to take a better photo.


8. I've been excited for Fall to officially begin but also, now that it's getting here, I'm panicked that I'll miss it. So here's to trying to figure out a way to slow my mind down enough to enjoy it.

9. Our water turned brown. Again.

10. This one is kind of gross but we've had a couple really invasive worms showing up at our rat traps so I'm praying that that doesn't turn into anything major.


So anyways, I could add more to this post but I'm planning on doing a Fall list post at some point so I'll save anything I still have for that I think. It's been quite the month.



12 comments:

  1. Dang that's a lot. It's super cold where I am, so a heat wave sounds awful. Also fire and scary animal encounters. Ugh. So excited about that book! It's gorgeous!
    Excited for your list too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is. It's been cooling off finally lately but the heat wave was going on through August for awhile there. Yeah, the bear was the scariest thing everything else just wasn't that threatening. Same!! It is!
      Hopefully it's good. It's mostly stuff we've done already but regardless, it's for fall and I'm excited.

      Delete
  2. We had smoke where I was, too, but no fires that close...I hope everything turns out ok!

    "I choose to dance in leaves instead." << MOOD

    A bear? WOW! That's crazy!

    Ahhh bookstores. Gotta love em. (I went to the library this morning and got 11 books. I AM IN COLLEGE TAKING 16 CREDITS WHAT WAS I THINKING. XD)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it's cleared up for you by now. It's cleared up here finally. Some days still bring a bit of smoke but we've finally been getting a few rainy days. Thanks! It seems to have settled down. The fires aren't totally gone, but they're getting contained finally.

      XD Right.

      No kidding! I'm glad me and my sister got away unscathed.

      Ooh, I need to go to the library. Omygosh! That's a lot. Did I mention any of you who are doing courses have my utmost respect? I don't think I could mentally handle that.

      Delete
  3. I can relate , I can relate. Well done for making it through the stressful nearly lethal week. Can I get “I choose to dance in the leaves instead” tattooed on me? I would like that. I hope your course goes well! That’s very exciting ✨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad! And thanks, I really appreciate not dying. I choose life.
      Same, we'll go get tattooed together because choosing to dance in the leaves instead is my life motto at the moment. XD Thanks! I hope it goes well too, I really don't want to fail this course.

      Delete
    2. Okay sounds like a plan haha and I think you’ll do really well because you care and effort is most of it!

      Delete
    3. Perfect XD Aw thanks, I appreciate that.

      Delete
  4. I like the phrase "I choose to dance in the leaves"

    While we have black bears in the Appalachian side of the state (opposite side) who, on rare occasions, mosey through our counties (heading where I don't know, its not like they could swim the Mississippi if they are heading that way), its nothing like your Grizzlies! That's scary! I learnt with bears its supposed to be "brown, lie down, black, fight back, and white, goodnight" (!!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same, I really didn't give it much thought when I wrote it but I really like the phrase too.

      Oh god, if it was a Grizzly me and my sister probably would be dead without question. Good to know though, I don't think I knew that rhyme.
      It always surprises me that animals move for some reason, like I know they do, but sometimes the distances they can traverse doesn't compute in my head.

      Delete
  5. Wow, it sounds like a lot happened in August [like, running from a bear?]. There was a lot of smoke where I live, too, but it's mostly cleaned up by now. Same on the desperate need to go to a physical bookstore. It's usually just so nice in bookstores. I think I could live in one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No kidding, August was a lot. (that was terrifying!) I'm expecting September is going to be pretty busy too but hopefully it's a tad less dramatic.
      Oh wow, the smoke has been all over the place then. Glad it cleared up for you too finally!
      There's just something about a bookstore. Sometimes libraries don't even cut it for some reason, it has to be a bookstore. Same! I hope you're able to get to one soon.

      Delete