Sunday 12 September 2021

Not Yet Sweater Weather But It's Close Enough (A Fall Media List+Photos)







Fact 1.

So the photos of the Fae-ish table were supposed to be in the woods but I've recently become afraid of bears so I need everyone to pretend that these were taken in the woods. I may have also accidently eaten fake cobwebs while eating some of the fruit I used after. There's still vegetables in our fridge with cobwebs on them that refuse to come off. The things you have to put up with when you live with me. It was very in theme though, although it's less aesthetic than it sounds.

 Does anyone else have weird backstories and fictional trivia for their photoshoots? Not that anyone would actually know what it is. Or pick out their own personal headcanons about other people's photoshoots? I'm curious.











Movies I want to see 

Last Night In Soho. I want to see it so bad.


Also Cruella. Emma Stone being insane and amazing costumes. What more could you want?



Classic Halloween Movies

Hocus Pocus (1993) (I saw this one recently and I loved it. I understand why it's on everyone's fall lists)

Coraline (2009)/Monster House (2006)/ ParaNorman (2012)

Edward Scissorhands (1990) (I know, I know, technically a Christmas movie)/ Beetlejuice (1988) (I saw Corpse Bride and Frankenweenie more or less recently finally! I meant to get to those ones for ages)

Gremlins (1984)

Ghostbusters (1984)








Fairytale-esque Movies 

Labyrinth (1986)

Pan's Labyrinth (2006)

Sleepy Hollow (1999) (does have some occult things and a bit with a witch that I skipped last time, but otherwise I really enjoyed it.)

Crimson Peak (2015) (Huge disclaimer for this one, it's a gorgeous movie and very watchable, but the 'plot-twist' was incest...so I feel like that should be known going in spoiler or not. I'm still confused on why that was the plot choice but did I mention it's a gorgeous movie.)

Ever After (1998)







Fall Vibe Movies 

Hangman's Curse (2003) (Halloween vibes)

Clue (1985)

Penelope (2006)

A Cinderella Story (2004)






Soft-ish Scary Movies 

A Quiet Place 1&2 (2018,2021)

Scream (all 4, but particularly the 1st one)

Ready or Not (2019)

Signs (2002)/ The Village (2004) 

(Although Scream and Ready or Not are labeled Horror so those ones qualify more as Scary Movies)




Fall Shows

Gilmore Girls

Over The Garden Wall

Are you Afraid of the Dark? (1990's, the 1st season has most of the iconic ones if I remember right)

Twilight Zone 

X-files





Dark Academic Vibes 

The Queen's Gambit (this one is a miniseries and I'm still not over this one, I have a deep personal attachment to it that I'll never quite be able to convey. It's one of those ones that makes me want to crack my brain open and serve it on a platter because that's the only way I know how to express it.)

Tolkien (2019)

The Imitation Game (2014)

Dead Poets Society (1989)




Tail-End of Summer Movies 

The Decoy Bride (2011)

Fried Green Tomatoes (1991)

La La Land (2016)

Super 8 (2011)

Pride and Prejudice (2005)




Anyways, this is me trying to settle into spooky season.






12 comments:

  1. Very atmospheric.

    I also like that you have an end of summer thing going, that is something I've thought about too. I think its because there is a softer season switch instead of like, BAM, IT'S CHRISTMAS at the end of fall.

    I love fall, I don't like Halloween or fall colors (warm neutrals) so I'm more on the romantic academia sort of side.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      Yeah, my brain is definitely affected by the season I'm in. So if I'm in the tail end up summer going into fall than my fall things tend to have a distinct summer feel to it still. (and agreed, there is definitely a soft switch to it naturally anyways) I've never been able to do the BAM, IT'S CHRISTMAS thing either.

      Makes sense, I like the cheesiness/campiness of Halloween/decorations. For me it depends on the year and what mood I'm in for at the time. Although I think romantic academia has a timeless quality to it whereas the Halloween aesthetics could feel a bit chintzy, maybe?

      Delete
  2. It was fun reading your list of Halloween movies. :) I've been meaning to watch The Corpse Bride with a friend for a while, and me and my family have just started watching The Twilight Zone (the 1959 version).

    I love your photos by the way, they really remind me of a witch's lair. :D
    -Quinley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm glad! I really like the aesthetics of The Corpse Bride. What do you think of the Twilight Zone? I've only seen a few episodes. They have some weird ones but I liked most of the ones I saw.

      Ooh! I love that description.

      Delete
    2. I agree, the animation is really pretty. :D I really like it so far, I've been trying to find things to watch that aren't too scary (or graphic), but are eerie. And I think The Twilight Zone succeeds in doing that, I also love that in some episodes weird things that happen are left unanswered and left for the audience to come up with answers.

      💙
      -Quinley

      Delete
    3. True. If you're looking for eerie but not graphic and too scary than I would definitely recommend you the 90's Are You Afraid of the Dark if you haven't seen it already. And all the seasons/episodes are on Youtube.

      Delete
  3. It's sweater weather where I am. XD
    These pictures are gorgeous. I really love the spooky banquet vibe. Fantastic movie/show choices. I'm still creating my list for this year. Trying to keep it on the small side, but Corpse Bride is definitely on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably coat weather soon by the sounds of it XD
      Aw thanks, Spooky banquet was exactly what I was going for!! Same though, I wrote this down but it's more of a vague list to help inspire me. Smart, I'm really curious what you'll think of the Corpse Bride.

      Delete
  4. Love the atmosphere of this post! Did you take those pictures? They're amazing. I need to see more of the movies/shows on your list. I've only seen a few.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Atmosphere is probably the thing I work hardest on in these posts/photoshoots. I did! XD Thanks! I'll be perfectly honest I felt like I did so well on throwing the table together last minute that when I was taking photos I was a bit bored because I thought I could do better but they've grown on me since then.
      Hope you like them when/if you see them! Which ones have you seen? If you don't mind me asking, I'm just always curious which ones people have seen or haven't.

      Delete
    2. I definitely don't mind you asking. I get curious about these things, too. So, of the ones on your list I've seen Hocus Pocus, Beetlejuice, Edward Scissorhands, Ghostbusters, Clue, and A Cinderella Story.

      Delete
    3. Glad I'm the only one that is (possibly obsessively) curious about things like that. Ooh, those are all fantastic ones though.

      Delete