Sunday 4 July 2021

A Slightly Messy Post Ft: Several Photoshoots And Hopefully Some Summer Vibes



Full disclosure, this project made me lose my mind a little. It's not what I set out to do, but I'm okay with that. This project was heavily inspired by the Florence and the Machine music video 'Rabbit Heart' (Raise it Up)






I felt my lungs inflate with the onrush of scenery- air, mountains, trees, people. And I thought, 'This is what it is to be happy.' -Sylvia Plath



It wasn't that Henry was less of himself in English. He was less of himself out loud. His native language was thought. -Raven King (Maggie Steifvater)


She recognized the strange happiness that came from loving something without knowing why you did, that strange happiness that was so big it sometimes felt like sadness -Maggie Steifvater (The Raven Cycle)


There is nothing like love to put blood
 back in a language, 
The difference between the beach and its
discrete rocks and shards, a hard 
cuneiform, and the tender cursive 
of waves; bone & liquid fishegg, desert
& saltmarsh, a green push
out of death. The vowels plump
again like lips or soaked fingers, and the fingers
themselves move around these 
softening pebbles as around skin. The sky's 
not vacant and over there but close 
against your eyes, molten, so near
you can taste it. It tastes of 
salt. What touches 
you is what you touch.

-Margaret Atwood 




Remember this feeling. This is the moment that you stop being the rabbit. - Nora Sakavic (The Foxhole court)


When you are in the middle of a story it isn't a story at all, but a confusion; a dark roaring, a blindness, a wreckage of shattered glass and splintered wood; like a house in a whirlwind, or else a boat crushed by the icebergs or swept over the rapids, and all aboard powerless to stop it. It's only afterwards that it becomes anything like a story at all. When you are telling it to yourself, or someone else. -Margaret Atwood


  A midnight scribble, a morning sigh, you watch the words, curl up and die. Madness lives inside your head, of poems lost, and pages dead. A mind possessed, by unmade books, unwritten lines on empty hooks. -Michael Faudet 



The best moments in reading are when you come across something- a thought, a feeling, a way of looking at things- that you'd thought special, particular to you. And here it is, set down by someone else, a person you have never met, maybe someone even long dead. And it's as if a hand has come out and taken yours. -The History Boys



For what it's worth, it's never too late to be whoever you want to be. I hope you live a life you're proud of, and if you're not, I hope you have the strength to start over -F. Scott Fitzgerald




 

Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory- Dr. Suess



This was made through sheer spite against a certain stubborn breeze that kept blowing around tablecloths, the oppressive heat, and a butterfly that refused to stay put, among several other smaller inconveniences. In other words, I don't know what else I was expecting but I'm happy with how it worked out in the end.



















 

12 comments:

  1. Such pretty pictures and songs! Especially like the butterfly pictures. I used to spend hours taking photos of them. Great quotes too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Finding the right song aside from the Rabbit Heart one which was a given took forever.
      Butterflies are so pretty! They really are.

      Delete
  2. I love this! The quotes are amazing, and the pictures are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad! Agreed, the quotes are amazing. Thanks!

      Delete
  3. I love these aesthetic posts(this is inspiring me to try them)! My favorite is the dewdrops on the leaf photos, there is just something about dewdrops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same, Ooh you should! I think you could do really good ones. I still think about your pumpkin patch post from last October.
      I really like that one too, Yess! dewdrops are just magical

      Delete
  4. This is really and truly lovely, Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you put music in your blog postings, I feel like people are closer to one another's souls when we're sharing music (and art!). Beautiful photography, I especially like the butterfly ones, and the chipped plates. Also Aurora is one of my favorite singers! I really enjoyed listening to her here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it! I listen to music a lot when I'm working on blogposts it affects how I do it a lot. Agreed! There's something about it that does feel really personal. Thanks! Aurora is such a good singer. Same actually XD

      Delete
  6. Great photos, especially the butterfly ones! Must be so hard to capture

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They were, but also surprisingly not quite as difficult as I expected but that might have been because I stayed inside rather than risk taking it outside.

      Delete