Monday 10 May 2021

Does Anyone Know This Movie or Did I Make It Up?

 A really long time ago, I swear I saw a movie with my mom and my aunt but I've never been able to find out what it was. I don't remember anything of the movie really except that there was this guy who took this girl's brother for some reason. It was kind of a surreal movie. I remember her opening doors that would lead her completely different places and sometimes she wouldn't realize the room she was in wasn't real. One time she opened a door, I assume at some sort of party or in suburban house, possibly with her mom making breakfast at one point, and she either opened a door or she looked out the window and suddenly she was in this grassy, hilly, blue/partly cloudy sky and then the guy that took her brother opened a door where there shouldn't have been one and was showing her a bunch of different places. I don't remember if he was asking her if she knew what was real or not. At some point she opened a door and saw her brother and the kidnapper guy at this counter drinking something at the counter. I remember her asking her brother later what he was drinking and he said what it was and she said she thought he had turned into one of them or had turned evil because she thought he was drinking coffee even though he hated coffee.

I vaguely remember the kidnapper guy, he had dark brown hair and a moustache I think. Years later I saw a photo of the 'Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader' guy Jeff Foxworthy and thought he looked similar to the guy I remembered in the movie. But again his hair was a lot darker. Maybe he just looks similar because the character had a similar haircut and mustache.

 I think the guy wore a gray suit or something. It might have been an 80s movie but I have no idea. Even if this is actually a movie, I may have remembered things completely wrong. Maybe I combined a couple movies in my head and forgot. Maybe it was a fever dream. Who knows. 

I watched Labyrinth years ago because the plot of the movie sounded similar to what I remembered but it wasn't the same thing. I remember the movie (at least the bits I remember) being very suburban.

Not sure if this post made any sense but maybe somebody knows what I'm talking about. I doubt it, since there's a very good chance that I made this movie up, but I always thought it was real.

Does anyone happen to know what this movie was? Do you have any shows or movies that you remember but have no idea what they are?

14 comments:

  1. I've never heard of this, and wow, now I'M curious about this movie, it sound like quite a trip!

    But I know what you mean when you remember details but not names and stuff. I've been trying to find this illustrated book, I know and my sister remembers, but I don't have title, illustrator, author anything. I swore it was on Reading Rainbow as well, but I couldn't find anything that sounded like it on the book list from that shows. I wonder if there is a movie site for questions like these, I know there are book sites, I've just lost track of my entries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right! This movie (if it even exists) has driven me nuts trying to figure out what it is. It's affected me weird ways like I mentioned in the post it's why I found out about Labyrinth and it's affected a bunch of other things.

      It sucks when you can't remember much! I think there are websites, I'm just always worried that their virus links so I haven't really gone on any. If you happen to find out any that are safe I'd be eternally grateful XD

      Oh cool! It sucks that you can't find it but I'm always fascinated what things other people are trying to find. What are some of the details you remember? I doubt I know anything helpful but now I'm curious about it

      Delete
    2. I wonder if you could ask on IMDB, I feel like they might have an area.

      Delete
    3. I was actually just doing that yesterday. I'm going to keep looking on it though, maybe something will come up that I missed.

      Delete
    4. I mean they might have a forum or something you could ask, just remember to bookmark it some how. I've asked about books and then forgot how to get back to the question!

      I think if you could guess what year it was maybe you could narrow done by that and a few genres? I'm curious, I've tried looking, I feel like the doors to other worlds is the best bet, but Google isn't exactly intuitive.

      Delete
    5. Oh that's a good idea! Lol true, I love bookmarking, it's saved me a lot.

      I actually have no idea. It had a very specific feel to it that was very tangible so 80s seem to fit that surreal tangible quality. Possibly 90s at the latest but that's not really narrowing anything down. Thanks for looking! If I ever find out what is I'm definitely going to do a blog-post about it.

      Delete
  2. I looked for a bit to see if I could find this but got nothing. I feel like a lot of what I watched as a kid blurred together and got all mixed up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for looking! Same, that's what I'm worried maybe this movie was. I really hope it's real just because it's bothered me not knowing what it was for so long.

      Delete
  3. I've never seen anything like this, but I hope you find it! (The opening doors into different places sounds kinda like Howl's Moving Castle, but that's definitely NOT suburban in any way, shape, or form. XD)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Same. I really want it to be real, there were a couple other movies that I couldn't find out what they were but my dad was able to tell me some of them a couple days ago which is what set me off trying to look for this movie again. It really does.

      Delete
  4. I don't think I've ever seen anything like this, but I hope you find out what it is. It sounds interesting.
    I have lots of things like these----with movies, shows, books and music videos. I can remember parts of it, but just small bits, so nobody knows what I'm talking about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      I'd love to to know what some of yours are! I think everyone has at least one thing that they're always sort of looking for but can't remember what it is and my nosey self lives for finding out about it XD

      Delete
  5. I have so many movies that I watched once upon a time and were awesome but have no idea what they were. Now I want to do my own blog post about them to see if it was anything anyone knew. This sounds like a neat movie but it doesn't sound familiar. I'll keep my eyes open!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so weird having those right! You should! I'd love to read it. And I'd spend way too much time trying to help find the thing XD
      Thanks! I love how everyone is just as invested as I am in finding out if this movie exists. I really appreciate it.

      Delete