Saturday 6 November 2021

The All About You Around The Blogosphere Tag

Thanks to McKayla for tagging me for this! I've been pretty dead to the world, working, pretending I've been doing homework that I haven't, ignoring the insanity of life in general, stolen my fall moments, and I will probably continue to do that for awhile. I have a lot going on so this was fun to work on while I had a day where I did absolutely nothing. 

What is your favourite book/series and why?

I recently ordered the Solitary Tales by Travis Thrasher. I've read them before a couple years ago and really liked them. They've all finally arrived now so currently that's the series I'm most excited about.

It's very American Gothic and perfect for this time of year. It makes me think of the smell of leaves on a fall walk. I don't how to explain it but it has an almost M Night Shyamalan movie feel to me. I'm usually pretty picky, especially with Christian books, but I really liked this series. Chris, the protagonist, can be dumb but it worked.

One of the greatest books ever written is 'The Muppets Meet the Classics: The Phantom of the Opera'


It's essentially the original Phantom of the Opera story, but with Muppets and it's the stupidest thing I've ever read and more people need to know that this book is real. It's a glorious thing. I've owned it for years and I'd completely forgotten about it until I was going through my books recently.

Who is your favourite author?

At this moment it's Shirley Jackson. She wrote We Have Always Lived in the Castle and I've been reading The Haunting of Hill House while on my work breaks and I've been loving it. I haven't gotten too far into it yet, but she's such a good writer.

What is your favourite food?

There's so many things. One is Pho. It's a Vietnamese noodle soup dish. It's so good. I highly recommend it. 

Not my photo. It's from google images. I saw something about a creator called Journeyonair 
attached to it.

What gives you inspiration for your books?

Everything to be honest. Music, any sort of media really, emotions, the weather, the way something smells...

This is an odd one but the spaciousness of something or the tactile-ness of things affects a lot.

Are you an introvert or an extrovert?

Introvert. Some things are better with groups of people but I'm definitely an introvert at heart.

If you had a warning label what would yours say?

I feel like I have a lot but then I felt odd writing it for myself so I asked Skye (thanks btw!) and her answers were better than anything I was going to write for myself anyway so I'm hijacking those. 

Crazy, clearly.

Prone to overthinking and analyzing. Don't try to sort it out for her. Will return to normal in 1 and a half business days.

Practically a cryptid. Quite possibly the last of her kind.


Feel free to to this tag if you'd like! What's the strangest book you've ever read?

6 comments:

  1. Solitary has such a weird place in my life, brings me right back to sixteen every time. Now I want Pho, so good!! Glad you liked the warning labels. XD
    I had too much fun with that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes sense to me, it's just one of those kinds of books.
      Same! I did, they were fantastic.

      Delete
  2. Ooh, I've never had pho, but it looks delicious! The way something smells gives me inspiration for books, too.
    Love the warning labels. XD The 2nd one is totally me, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! If you ever get the chance to try it I would highly recommend it.
      Right! Some smells in particular just seem meant to give you inspiration.
      Same! XD It's terrible right? lol

      Delete
  3. I love Shirley Jackson's writing too, We Have Always Lived in the Castle is such a good book. :D
    -Quinley

    ReplyDelete